12th February 2018
February – Healthy Fruit Rings
February, Healthy Fruit Rings is a sneaky but healthy natural snack so this is the month I try and be healthy, as January didn’t work so February here we come no more chocolate or should I just say ‘less sugar and chocolate’. So try these little gems, they are delicious and a good healthy snack on the go, and great for kids. They are also naturally sweet!
Apple & Pear Rings
you will need –
x1 bag of Apples (grannysmiths or any cheap bag/leftovers in the fruit bowl)
x1 bag of Pears
cinnamon is optional
- Scrub the fruit to remove all dirt
- Remove the core from the apples either with a ‘Apple corer’ or cut out core from above. Pear cores are left insitu.
- Finely slice the apples and pears and lay out on baking trays lined with baking parchment. (don’t worry if overlapping)
- Cinnamon can be sprinkled carefully over the fruit if you like it.
- Place in the oven at 70’C for 3hrs or leave for longer depending on how crunchy you like your fruit rings. They can be turned over halfway.
- Seal in an airtight container and enjoy.